August 12

The Uni Student Me

I’m currently completing my Masters In Education – Teacher Librarianship. Initially, all my blog posts for this course were posted on a CSU Thinkspace site. However, it seemed a bit cumbersome to be maintaining two blogs, and this site was getting neglected, so I decided to export everything here. If you’ve found this site because you’re studying the course too, welcome, commiserations, and good luck- you’ll get through it!

I’ve found the whole postgrad student/ full time educator/ full time mother dynamic a difficult one to juggle, so if anything I’ve posted here is of help to you, please let me know. If you’d like to chat about your experiences, or vent, or get some feedback on anything at all, I’m all ears. Or should that be “eyes”, since I’m more likely to be reading it? Anyway, whichever sensory organ you need of me, hit me up.

I will be hopefully adding some menu links here, to help you navigate which posts are specifically related to which subjects, and hopefully I’ll get around to adding tags to them all too, so they are easier to search. But if, as you look at this page, you notice they aren’t there, sorry about that. Something came up. 😉

Please note, however: I’m not aiming to HD my Masters. My life is busy, and something’s gotta give. So, if I have to balance up getting a HD in life with just Passing this course? That’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make, despite the inner protests of my obsessive perfectionist heart. So, when you read my uni posts, read them with that frame of reference – this isn’t necessarily my best work, but it’s the best I was willing and able to do with the constraints of wanting to not sacrifice my family and work for this monstrous Masters beast. I hope you’re ok with that. I certainly am.

So, subjects I’ve done, followed by blog posts relevant to that subject, and a brief brain splurge of my thoughts on it …

ETL401 Introduction to Teacher Librarianship
Semester 2, 2014

ETL504 Teacher Librarian as Leader
Semester 2, 2014

INF506 Social Networking for Information Professionals

ETL402 Literature Across the Curriculum

EER500 Introduction to Educational Research

ETL503 Resourcing the Curriculum
Semester 1, 2016

ETL505 Describing and Analysing Education Resources
Semester 2, 2016. Kill me now. No really.

ETL507 Professional Experience and Portfolio
Semester 2-3, 2016. Study visit coming up in September, so there should be some stuff to share soon!